In these terms and conditions, Lane End Barn is referred to as the “Property”, the owner of Lane End Barn is referred to as the “Owner” and the hirer of Lane End Barn is referred to as “you”.
- YOUR BOOKING
A provisional booking may be made by telephone and will be held for no longer than seven days, during which time a non-returnable deposit of 50%, or the full payment must be received. The balance of the rental is due no later than eight weeks prior to the start of your holiday. If the booking occurs within eight weeks of the holiday then full payment is due. If you make a payment that is not honoured for any reason then you will become liable to an administration charge of £35.
We only accept payment in pounds sterling. If payment is made by a bank transfer, the total received should be the total payable agreed at the time of booking. All bank charges from your bank and the owners bank should be paid by you, in order for the total received by the owner after all transactions, (including currency change) , is the original agreed price in sterling. Any overpayment will be refunded.
- CANCELLATION OR CHANGES TO YOUR BOOKING BY THE OWNER
Occasionally problems occur which extend beyond the control of the Owner that may result in a booking being changed or cancelled. If this does happen you will be contacted as soon as possible and offered an alternative date. If you do not wish to accept an alternative date then your will be entitled to a full refund of all monies paid. If you do accept an alternative date then you will be liable to meet any additional price difference while the Owner will refund any lower price difference.
- CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER.
The Owner shall not be liable for any changes, cancellations, loss or damage suffered or for any failure by the Owner to perform any obligations to you which are due to any event(s) or circumstance(s) beyond the reasonable control of the Owner (“force majeure”). Force majeure includes but is not limited to: floods; fire; epidemics; destruction or damage to the Property; acts of any government or public authority; or any event outside the Owner’s control. In such circumstances, where your holiday is prevented from taking place, the Owner will refund all monies paid by you, except a £15 administration fee. The Owner will not be liable to pay you any compensation, expenses, costs, or sums required to secure alternative accommodation for you.
The Owner shall have no liability for any death or personal injury. You must take all necessary precautions to safeguard you and your party’s personal property. No liability is accepted by the Owner in respect of damage to, or loss of personal property.
- IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
If you wish to change your booking after confirmation has been issued, then an administration fee of £25 is payable to the Owner once any such change has been agreed. In some circumstances, a change of booking may result in the cancellation of the original booking in which case the provisions of paragraph 6 below will apply.
- CANCELLATION OF A BOOKING
If you wish to cancel your booking, the Owner must be informed as soon as possible by telephone, and the cancellation immediately confirmed in writing. In the event of cancellation, you are still liable to pay all monies due at the time of cancellation. The Owner shall make every effort to re-let the Property and if successful will refund to you an amount proportionate to the new letting price but not greater than the original letting price paid. The above cancellation refund is subject to an administration charge of £25.
- THE PROPERTY
- You may arrive at the Property from 3 p.m. at the start of your holiday and leave by no later than 10.00 a.m. on the end date of your holiday.
- You, and all members of your holiday party, agree to keep the Property clean and leave the Property in a similar condition to which you found it on your arrival.
- You are responsible to the Owner for any breakages or damage to the Property, along with any additional cost that may result from such breakages or damage
- The Owner is entitled to refuse admission to, or repossess the Property, if the Owner reasonably believes that damage or breakages are likely to occur. Such a circumstance will be regarded as a cancellation by you so that no refund of any monies to you will be made in this situation, nor will the Owner have any liability to you as a result of this situation arising.
- No more than 4 people can stay in the Property and the Owner must be provided with full details of all members of the party. The Owner must be advised of additional daytime visitors.
- You must not take any pet into the Property unless this has been arranged in advance. If you have arranged to take a pet, the pet must not be allowed on furniture or into bedrooms at any time and the pet must not be left unattended in the Property.
- You must allow the Owner, and any workmen employed by the Owner, access to the Property at any reasonable time during your stay at the Property, except in the case of emergencies where immediate access will take place if required to prevent damage to, or to make safe, the Property.
- COMPLAINTS AND THEIR RESOLUTION
Every effort is taken to ensure that the Property is fully prepared and ready for your occupation. If, however, you have any cause for complaint, the Owner is anxious to deal with it as soon as possible. It is essential, therefore, that you contact the Owner as soon as any problem arises. It is too late to remedy a complaint if the Owner does not receive notification of it during your stay.
- This contract of hire is between you, as the person responsible for your party, and the Owner.
- The contract is made once you have signed the booking form.
- Your and the Owner’s rights shall be subject to the jurisdiction of and construed and regulated according to the laws of England and Wales, the courts of which shall also be the forum for the resolution of any dispute between you and the Owner.